John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove
The John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove is an excellent example of Murphy Quigley’s skill with historical restoration. Located on the Perkiomen Creek a few miles from Valley Forge, the original structure was built in 1762. Although the world-renowned naturalist and painter only resided at Mill Grove for three years, the “paradise” as he called it is where the roots of his amazing career took hold. The project, lasting eight months, included extensive interior and exterior refurbishment. Working closely with consultants Heritage Design Collaborative and Building Conservation Associates, the effort was recognized by The Preservation Alliance of Philadelphia with the 2018 Preservation Achievement – Grand Jury Award.
Montgomery County Division of Parks, Trails & Historic Sites